Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New on DVD 1/3 - View on Film

Welcome to 2012!  Wild couple of holiday weeks, that for me seemed like a month!  Glad to be back to work, and of course, let's get to what's new on DVD/Blu Ray this week.

Contagion-

All Star Cast does battle with a deadly airborne virus that could take out the human population.  From Director Steven Soderbergh, it gets a Fresh Rating from rottentomatoes.com, with 84%.

















Pearl Jam Twenty-

I had the fortune going to college in Seattle when Pearl Jam, and the Grunge Scene hit the nation.  I was thrilled to see area band literally explode on the nation.  Pearl Jam was always my favorite of the groups, and here's a 20 year retrospective from Director Cameron Crowe.  This Documentary aired on PBS a couple of months ago, and for a fan, it is a fantastic look at the band. Don't remind me though it was 20 years ago that I went to college! I highly recommend it.








 


Don't Be Afraid of the Dark-

Guy Pearce and Katie Holmes star in this horror film, that I wasn't even aware had opened in theaters.  Rottentomatoes.com gives it 59%.



That's it for the first week in 2012.

Cheers!

Jason






No comments: